Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Analysis of the new code

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Remember how we analyzed the profitability of last year's $10-off code? We figured out that we were paying a fortune in shipping but still came out ahead. Has anyone done an analysis of the new $10-off-a-$30-purchase code? I haven't tried to figure out how effective the code is yet but I'm interested in anyone else's analysis.

    If I put two items in my cart, the total averages over $35. So far, I haven't found two items I wanted that add up to just $30.00. But I do have a long list of outfits that generally run $24+ per. Two outfits are $48 so that's way over $30.

    Seems like I won't be saving much money with the new coupon so I won't get items unless I really want them anyway, even at full price. It's not worth it to me to pad an order just to reach $30.

    Julia

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, that was why I was so hesitant to order quikcly.

    I ordered Felicity's Cloak ($20) and some replacement parts, that I acutally needed. The total order came to $30, and then the coupon brought it down to $20. So shipping was only 4.95 (if it was one sent higher, the shipping would go up $2.)

    Without the code the order would have cost me $36.95, with the code I paid $24.95. Essentially, I got all the replacement parts for free.

    This is a good way to stock up on outfits that cost $22, and their $8 shoes. Or to put together orders with replacement parts as fillers.

    I really don't think this code is good enough to order like crazy if you don't really want the things anyway.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's pretty much what I figured, too, Julia. If you buy $50 worth, you may as well just use the 10% off code. The only time you're saving the full $5 (taking off the cost of shipping) is if you spend exactly $30 (thus, the fun thread on all of the ways to spend exactly $30...LOL!)

    This code is nice, but not so nice as the last one. Of course, even with that one, I'm sure most of us spent WAY more than we normally would have even to get that $5 off of each item. I know I sure bought things I never thought I would last year. This year, I'm being quite a bit more choosy. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last year's code was much better!I miss "THE CODE"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For me, this code really doesn't do anything, since I can walk to AGP and pay full price without shipping. I placed one order of replacements that I "needed" [img]wink.gif[/img] which totaled exactly $30. I would only use this code for sale items or replacements, since I would only end up saving a few dollars, and only if my total was $30! [img]frown.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member marisol05's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by AG*dancer*:
    For me, this code really doesn't do anything, since I can walk to AGP and pay full price without shipping. I placed one order of replacements that I "needed" [img]wink.gif[/img] which totaled exactly $30. I would only use this code for sale items or replacements, since I would only end up saving a few dollars, and only if my total was $30! [img]frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not sure if you know that you can use the code at AGP too!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by marisol05:
    Not sure if you know that you can use the code at AGP too!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes! But only the coupon, and only once, which I will definitely do if I can get my hands on one.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Analyzing the code takes two sentences for me:

    (1) not much profit to be pocketed by me
    (2) lots of work to come up with $30 even

    HOWEVER, they're offering, so I will be partaking! But I too miss THE CODE...hey, it's what got me into this mess to start with...

    Kirsten needs hair ribbons, Felicity needs shoes and underwear, they could both use dolls, and we just may need a new girl, so hey - we'll take it. It will save shipping on a new girl in the new year and it will help get those little pieces (like ribbons and shoes) that every little American Girl needs!!!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member historylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For me, the new code isn't profitable at all. I still haven't used it and might not until Jess comes out if then. I bought everything with last years code except some big ticket items and I don't need any replacement parts so everything I might want to purchase now bumps me up into the next shipping bracket also. I really was looking forward to a coupon like last year. I do think American Girl will see that this code isn't as profitable to them as last years' was.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2005
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well when I placed my two orders i did alot of ::gasp:: math, to make sure I was going to come out smelling like the best of roses... here are the figures for the orders I placed (if anyone is interested)

    Total Order:
    Sam's Talent Show Dress: $24
    Winter Magic AGoT Dress: $26
    Nellie's Coat: $26
    Sam's Steroscope: $12

    Total Before Code(s) and shipping: $88
    Total after Shiping (no code): $98.95

    Total after 10% off code: $79.20
    Total after shipping 10% off code: $90.15

    Save: $8.80

    Now Here is where it gets tricky

    Total as one larger order with $10 off code: $78
    Total after shipping and $10 off: $88.95

    Save: $10

    Split order into two and use code twice like this:
    (this is how I ordered)

    Magic Winter: $26
    Sam's Steroscop: $12

    Subtotal: $38
    Total (After shipping before code): $44.95
    Total after code and shipping: $34.95

    Save: $10

    Sam's Talent: $24
    Nellie's Coat: $26

    Subtotal: $50
    Total (after shipping before code): $56.95
    Total after code and shipping: $46.95

    Save: $10.00

    Order total for two split orders (and their shipping after code) $81.90

    Total Saved compared to original price with shipping and two orders combined: $17.05

    Now you do the math =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •